Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Why I love to travel

My interest in traveling has been triggered by my history subjects during my high school years. I have been attached to Philippines and Asian History, so from then on, traveling around Philippines and Asia has been added to my goal lists.

As I start to travel, I find many reasons to continue this passion. Here are some of those things:

1) Form of Relaxation. When I travel, I am immersed in a new environment. Everything I see and experience is new to me. This gives me an invigorating feeling. I become refreshed and renewed when I go back to my real life.
2) Meet new friends. I meet several people as I travel. These people are usually the drivers, hotel personnel, restaurant staff, tour guides, tourists and many more. These people especially the local residents give me a more intensive information about the place or the tourist attractions I am visiting. I can expand my network by chatting and mingling with them
3) Learn many things. This is my fundamental reason of traveling. Travel provides me a lot of learning experiences. I explore and discover more about the place’s history, its culture, and its people.

Traveling is the best hobby of all hobbies. I spend money, but it is all worth it since the learning I get along the way is eternal and non-payable.

No comments: